Who I am
I am a writer. I make words obey me.
I got my degree in Professional Writing & Rhetoric from a small liberal arts university in southwestern Illinois. But most of my writing grit comes from trying new things, finding and taking opportunities, and applying a healthy dose of elbow grease.
You will not find me with a public profile on any social media platforms. For my mental health, I have very few social media accounts and use them to interact with close friends and family, as well as to manage my employers’ accounts.
What I do
I help small teams and nonprofits with their written word needs:
- Content (blogs, email, newsletters, collateral)
- Social media
- Websites (landing pages, web copy)
- Graphic design (print documents, infographics, social media)
- Other writing (articles, press releases, grants)
What I love
- First—and above all—I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Apart from Him, I can do nothing. I hope the love and hope that I find in God pours out into all I do and everyone I encounter.
- By extension, I love the Church. The Church is God’s prized people—very broken people, but aren’t we all?
- I love my husband, family, and friends. We were made for close, meaningful relationships, and I know the more I prioritize the loved ones in my life, the more rich my life and theirs will become.
- I love reading deep, insightful books. I read to develop my mind and heart and to deepen my engagement with the world around me.
- I love simple pleasures—a cup of coffee, a long walk, an encouraging podcast, a FaceTime call with a friend.
- I love my calico cat, Taiga. I know she uses me at times, but deep down she loves me, too.